Discover the unbelievable beauty of the lesser-known Bacalar Los Rapidos with a private tour. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast or craving a unique experience, you’ll be delighted by the rare and stunning sights found here.
Explore the breathtaking spots of Costa Maya with this guide. Get insider tips and experience the adventure of discovering what this unique location has to offer. Make the most of your stay and explore every corner of this special paradise.
Book A Bacalar Los Rapidos Tour
Adults & Children (All Ages) $130
You may cancel at any time for any reason with at least 24 hours’ notice prior to your tour date and receive a full refund.
- Transportation from Chunky Monkey Office to Bacalar Los Rapidos
- Kayak, PaddleBoard, or Tube
- Life Jacket
- Transportation to the port
What is Los Rapidos Bacalar?
Discover a beautiful hidden gem in Los Rapidos on the Bacalar Lagoon. Marvel at the striking colors of the crystal clear water and explore the unique stromatolite and mangrove formations that create a canal with faster currents. In this drone view, you can experience the exquisite landscape like never before.
Take a beautiful adventure along the canal and enjoy the gentle currents that will carry you back! Enjoy the experience of walking up to the end of the platform and easily floating back as you enjoy the views and the fresh air.
What are stromatolites?
You’ll see these strange rocky formations around the Bacalar Lagoon, enhancing the amazing colors of the lagoon. But these aren’t rocks – they’re stromatolites, the oldest living organism on earth.
So, what are the stromatolites of Bacalar? Formed from cyanobacteria and sedimentary particles, these microbial reefs are amongst the oldest living organisms on Earth. They produce oxygen and are essential to our environment, on par with the importance of forests.
Things to do at Los Rapidos Bacalar
- Floating down the river: Los Rapidos Bacalar brings the ultimate experience of “floating down the river” with its wooden boardwalk that runs parallel to the river. Enjoy the turquoise water and let the current carry you back to the start for a delightful adventure. Perfect for those who just want to relax and take in the natural beauty.
2. Kayaking, paddleboarding or Tubing: Enjoy the beauty of your surroundings while paddling upstream, and then let the current carry you back to shore with our Paddle & Float experience. Take in the crystal turquoise water and the incredible mangroves and stromatolites while enjoying a peaceful paddle.
3. Soaking up the sun: Relax in the sun at the beach club. The variety of hammocks, lounges, and tables offer the perfect spot to sit back and enjoy the day. Enjoy an ice-cold Corona while taking in the spectacular view.